Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Things I love about Kayson at 3 months

So, Kayson is now 3 1/2 months and he is growing up so fast. He is constantly learning new things and it is so fun to watch. It is so bittersweet because part of me cannot wait to see that first tooth come in, or have him eat rice cereal...but on the otherhand that means he's not the little newborn I brought home 3 1/2 months ago. He has doubled in size, and has quite the personality. He is so much like his mama it's not even funny. I love him with all of my heart. More than I ever thought possible.

Things that I love about my little guy:
~I love how he chews on his tounge.
~He has discovered how to make a clicking noise with his tounge. If any other person or child did that it would annoy me, but I can't get enough of it with Kayson (for now!)
~Sometimes when he is unsure of whether he wants to be happy or mad he'll give a happy coo/giggle mixed with a whine. It's so silly, but I just eat it up!
~I got this on video the other day and I'll post it because it so precious. We'll blow through our lips and make that bubble/gurgle sound (I have no idea how to describe it) and Kayson quickly learned how to mimic us. He just blows a bunch of spit bubbles through his lips, but it is so cute.
~He has been rolling over since he was 6 weeks from his tummy to his back, but has just recently started rolling over from his back to his belly and then back to his back again. His arm gets in the way a lot of the time, so almost looks like a contortionist trying so hard to get ALL the way over. I'll try to get a picture of it.
~He loves getting his diaper (especially poopy ones) changed. He stretches so big and just soaks it all up.
~He loves to fake cry...especially while looking in the mirror. This is SO his mama, even though I hate to admit it. I have done stuff like that my whole life. He'll watch himself fake crying in the mirror and just look at himself and stop, give a smile and/or giggle and then start again. He also fake cry's to me sometimes, and I'll just laugh and he'll start laughing.
~He is always so afraid that he's going to miss out on something (also SO like his mama!)
~He loves his sleep, and when he doesn't get enough he's not happy (and either is mom or dad!)
~He has been chewing on everything lately. He cannot seem to put enough in his mouth.
~I love when I'll be feeding him and just staring him thanking God for allowing me to be his mommy. Sometimes I really cannot believe it. But he'll get this HUGE smile on his face while he's feeding and forget what he's doing and then go crazy for the bottle again.
~ I love it when he smiles while he's sleeping.
~Lately he has been literally screaming with joy..he'll just give these little screeches over and over. I love it.
~I know it's not true, but Steve and I swear he always say's "hi." He'll coo and it sounds like "hi" all the time. We'll say hi and then he'll coo and I swear it sounds like hi. Love it!
~Whenever he spits up, he gets a huge smile on his face right after.
~ When he is sleeping he will make a "sucking" face/sound. What's funny is his daddy does the same thing in his sleep. :)
~He loves to pull the "fur" out of his stuffed animals. I worry for when Hercules (our dog) lets him get close enough to pull his hair out. Yikes.
~He loves playing peek-a-boo.
~He loves music. He "coos" along with us when we're singing to music. :)
~This little boy has a lot of hair...and HE LOVES to have it brushed. I sit him in front of the mirror in his bumbo and brush his hair and he just loves it. He loves looking at himself for one, but I do think that he loves getting pampered too!
~I love when I put him in his changing table (especially after just waking up from a nap) how he stretches and the cute little look on his face.
~When I kiss his cheek he opens his mouth really big, and when I kiss his lips he sticks his tongue out!! So funny!

I know there are many more things that I love about Kayson...because I rarely dislike anything. I feel so blessed to finally have him in my arms and I love being his mommy. He is such a happy little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment