Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Kayson is already 4 months old!

Wow, 4 months has gone by so fast. It is unbelievable. It has been the best 4 months of my life, no doubt. My life and my heart are so full. People always say that when you have a baby, the love that you have for them is like nothing you've ever felt...and it is so true. Sometimes (ok...most every night) after giving Kayson his last bottle before bed and placing him in crib, I just stand and weep at how extremely blessed I am. I cannot believe that God chose me to be his mama. I love him more than words can say, and he has enriched my life more than anything ever has before. He is truly a delight to be around, and I am so honored to be his mom.

A few things about Kayson...not all new, but still wonderful nonetheless. :)
~He can easily roll from his back to his tummy, and his tummy to his back over and over. He loves being on his tummy, but often times gets super frustrated because he is trying so hard to crawl or move and he can't yet.
~ He has become extremely sociable with other people, and especially babies. It's been awesome to see how almost overnight he hardly had an interest in other kids, and now he can't get enough of them. He loves playing with his friend Carter. They will just lay and laugh and talk to each other all day.
~ He officially is a tummy sleeper. I know they say that you shouldn't ever let your babies sleep on their tummies but I am not going to go in and monitor it. I know some parents would get those little pillow things to block him from rolling over...but if he's comfortable on his tummy...and will sleep 11 hours...sorry I'll let him. His neck is strong enough to turn, and I do check on him. There are some things that are just out of our control...and have had lost a baby already to something that was completely out of my control...I'm not going to sweat the small stuff.
~He loves his bath time! He could seriously just sit and splash around in there forever.
~He has gotten to that age where he does not want to be left alone, or put down. We are working on this...but know/pray it's just a stage.
~He would be much happer laying down on a plain ole' blanket than an activity mat, or anything with toys. He loves those things most of the time, but he always loves to lay on a blanket and play with his toes!
~He has been trying to talk to us and tell us stories a lot lately. I cannot understand a word of it..but I know it's sure interesting.
~He has officially started eating rice cereal and seems to really like it. Sometimes a lot more than others.
~The smile he gets when his daddy walks in the room (I suppose he gets it for mommy too!) is the best thing you've ever seen.
~He loves to look at you when you're not looking and smile..and as soon as you look he'll look away (while keeping the huge grin on his face). I am pretty sure it's his way of playing peek-a-boo.
~He will be doing something over & over, but as soon as I get out the camera he will stop. I don't think he's camera shy...I just think he's a bit stubborn.
~He is fascinated with our dog, Hercules. However...Hercules isn't so fascinated with him...at least that he wants to admit. I think that if given the choice Hercules would totally sleep in Kayson's room.
~He has decided that he is a big boy and wants to drink out of mommy's cup. He is actually very good at it too...and gets incredibly upset when the water is all gone.
~He has a killer pouty face. Gets me everytime.
~He would much rather be in a diaper than clothed...
~He can sit up all by himself. Not for very long...but I know that its only a matter of time until he's a pro.
~When he's laying down or in his carseat he tries super hard to pull himself up to sitting position. He's almost done it a couple times.
~He has the most kissable and pinchable cheeks. Everyone always apologizes for squeezing them..but the truth is, he loves it!
~He LOVES to suck/chew on his pointer finger...he just cannot get enough of it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment